Stop the Noise through Acoustic Isolation with HoldRite Silencer System Products
Vibrations cause shaking and shaking produces noise. When machinery, piping, or ductwork vibrate, the resulting sound can travel throughout the structure, causing noise and unwanted sound. Such vibrational noise serves as a common irritant to building occupants and is a primary reason for tenant complaints.
While there are several ways people have discovered to “soundproof” a house, as this piece in the Chicago Tribune attests, soundproofing plumbing systems pose different challenges. Plumbing system noise is generally considered one of the most intrusive and difficult sounds to mitigate. Once such an issue arises, it can quickly become a complicated, labor-intensive, and expensive problem to solve.
While it once took extensive time and energy to locate the proper materials and perform a quality installation, recent advances in materials and methods have made the mitigation of plumbing system noise one of the easiest and most affordable tasks in sound-proofing a building.
Enter Acoustic Isolation
Acoustic isolation is the key to preventing noise problems stemming from vibrations, effectively dampening the noise transfer between piping and building structures. Such noise may originate from a variety of sources, including:
- Drainage systems such as sanitary waste piping, storm drainage piping, and bathtubs.
- Water supply and distribution systems such as pressurized potable and non-potable water systems
- Fixtures, faucets, and appliances manufactured from a material such as stainless steel, cast iron, fiberglass, and plastic.
- Valves, pumps, and equipment, which emit noise levels depending on the friction or turbulence they generate.
The HoldRite Silencer System
To provide effective acoustic isolation, HoldRite has put together an excellent package of products called the HoldRite Silencer System. This product system is complete with variable-length acoustic isolation solutions such as:
- Clamps & Inserts: Ideal for sound-rated and isolation application these products are specifically engineered to dampen noise transfer.
- Isolation Liners: Composed of either rubber or felt for sound and vibration isolation.
- Riser Pads: Minimize noise and vibration transfer at piping stacks and risers.
- Hangers: Ideal for noise & vibration isolation and dissimilar metal isolation.
- Galvanized Brackets: Ideal for vertical or horizontal use in rooms like lavatories, showers, and water closets.
Benefits of HoldRite Silencer System Products
HoldRite Silencer System products are specially engineered to dampen noise transfer between piping and building structures. Products in the HoldRite Silencer System have a proven track record of being:
- Effective: Reduces plumbing noise by an average of 75%.
- Flexible: Compatible with a range of the most effective materials such as Copper, PEX, CPVC, cast iron, and more.
- Accessible: Simple to install, with easy integration with HoldRite Pipe Support Systems.
The HoldRite HydroFlame 50 Smoke & Acoustic Sealant
In addition to the above acoustic silencing products, HoldRite also provides the HoldRite HydroFlame 50 Smoke & Acoustic Sealant, which can be used to effectively seal around penetrations in non-rated horizontal or vertical construction assemblies.
The HoldRite HydroFlame 50 Smoke & Acoustic Sealant is easily dispensed via a caulking gun and provides a flexible paintable sealant once cured.
Key features of the HoldRite HydroFlame 50 Smoke & Acoustic Sealant include:
- Low volatile organic compound (VOC) content
- FBC™ system compatible
- Clean Air Gold certified
- Sound Transmission Class (STC) rating of 69
- ASTM G-21 Mold Resistant
- 2-year shelf life
Learn More About HoldRite Acoustic Isolation Products
A proven partner in the plumbing industry for over thirty years, HoldRite products are made in the USA and are available through plumbing wholesalers across the country. Should you have any questions or wish to learn more about the benefits of using products in the HoldRite Silencer System, please get in touch today or give us a call at 800-321-0316.
Contractors, wholesalers, and engineers can also consider taking advantage of the HoldRite No Charge VIP Estimating Service, where you can electronically transfer your construction plans at no cost and receive a comprehensive cost-saving analysis performed by Estimators with over twenty years of plumbing experience.
We look forward to working together to find the right plumbing support solutions for you to complete your project effectively and under budget.